Thursday, April 23, 2009

Into the Flood by As Tall As Lions (2007)


I really love this band. The singer, Dan Nigro, has one of the best voices I've heard. Their music is original, beautiful, lovely, and worth listening to (obviously). Each instrument is played to it's full potential. The drummer, Cliff Sarcona, is one of my favorites ever. He has a very unique style. Also, the bass lines are fucking hot. Julio Tavarez makes me want to turn up my sub woofer to full blast every song.

"505" is a great way to start this 5-song EP. The screams of "now I don't wanna be alone" get me every time.

The title track is full of energy. The guitar chords, drums, and bass all come together in explosively fast motion.

"We're the Ones That Keep You Warm at Night" just plain kicks ass. As do all of the songs on this EP.

"Breakers" is my fucking favorite. This song has a drum part that I'm obsessed with in the beginning, followed shortly by the best bass line I've heard in a long, long time. I need to see this song live. I ALWAYS turn it up. Also, Dan's voice is hauntingly beautiful when he sings:

If all alone it came to me
Now I'll surely believe
If all alone it came to me
My love, you'll see

The end jam on "Breakers" is insane, too.

"Blacked Out" is probably my least favorite on Into the Flood, but it's still kickass.

Here they are playing "Breakers" live. The sound quality is decent.



Track Listing:
  1. 505
  2. Into the Flood
  3. We're the Ones That Keep You Warm at Night
  4. Breakers
  5. Blacked Out


www.myspace.com/astallaslions

No comments: