Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Track Review: Kicked In (Superchunk Cover) by Death Cab for Cutie


I've mentioned before that one of my favorite all-time bands is Death Cab for Cutie, so if you read this blog you're going to notice quite a few posts about their releases. This song is a cover originally by Superchunk, off their fourth album Foolish. The cover comes from a Merge Records compilation Score! 20 Years of Merge Records: The Covers!, which features a million indie rock juggernauts (I just had to use that word). You can buy that from the Merge website here.

I don't know much about Superchunk, but this cover is infectious and a must-have for me personally and anyone who loves Death Cab and/or Ben Gibbard. Gibbard's vocals throughout the song and Walla's production at the end make this song so great. Click on the lyrics to get it.

I wish the nights were warm again this month, we could stay up all night.

www.deathcabforcutie.com

No comments: