Monday, April 6, 2009

Sæglópur EP by Sigur Rós (2006)


I wasn't much into Sigur Rós until I watched that Take Away show, so I need to catch up. This band has really amazed me so far. They have a true talent for capturing feelings and sharing those feelings through their music. Sæglópur is an EP released from the 2005 album Takk.... The title song, meaning "Lost at Sea", builds into an explosion of percussion and guitars as the piano chords keep the structure of the song in tact. It then subsides into a calming, beautiful melody. Hear for yourself:



The next song, Refur, is slow moving but really grew on me after the first listen. I just wish it were longer.

Ó friður, meaning "Oh Peace", is another truly gorgeous track; slow, but like Refur it grew on me after a few plays.

Get this 4 track EP. If you don't like it, you probably won't like Sigur Rós, but it's worth a try.

Get it here

www.sigur-ros.co.uk

No comments: